I hope that by sharing this information about myself...You might be inspired to step outside your comfort zone. Maybe I can raise a spark of interest for you to spread your wings find some amazing things that will enrich your life.
Click on the links below to find out more information on getting involved
- As a crafter I scrap, bead, crochet, knit and paint with many mediums.
- I was in The Artist's Magazine - December 2005 Page 84
- My family volunteers with Rebuilding Together.
- I am proud of my heart: its been played ,cheated & broken but it still works.
- I'm an usher for Sunday Services at Community Christian Church
- I'm far from perfect - just like everyone - trying not to make the same mistake twice
- I was the Naperville Sun's "Dealer of the Month" in February 2007
- I am a mentor for an awesome boy through Kid's Hope USA. I actually think he does more for me than I do for him...
- I regularly volunteer for our church missions
- An article I wrote for a scrapbook publication...
- I teach fun classes called "Taking Better Pictures", "Click It or Miss It" & "Painting Party"
- I was one of the very first volunteers opening a Ronald McDonald Family Room
- I sponsor two girls, one in Haiti and one in India. Rosaline and Saranya. We work with Compassion International and World Vision
- I believe in encouraging other women in their pursuits
- I make mistakes - but at least I learn from them
- I do great book studies through my church - most recently - Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible - Beth Moore's Esther - Boundaries with Teens (2 times) - The Red Tent - The Shack - The Power of a Positive Mom - Cold Tangerines - Food Rules - Being a Motivational Mom - The 4:8 Principal - The Shack Revisited - Beth Moore's James - Proverbs, A Woman's Wisdom - Imperfect Parent
- I was Everything Publication's Entrepreneur of the Month in June 2005
- I was in Creating Keepsakes Magazine - February 2007 on page 177
- My retreats were featured in "Inside the Ville" January 2014 edition
- I'm a Lieutenant in CAP - Civil Air Patrol. It's a an auxiliary of the Air Force. Our squadron is trained to perform missions like search and rescue, reconnaissance, aerial photography, humanitarian missions, searching for missing aircraft and more.
- I also have a FB page for Weekend To Remember and offer a discount up to 1/2 off wonderful marriage retreats. Use my "group name" for the current discount - WeekendsAwayRetreats - no spaces and 3 uppercase.
- I am being trained in CISM. Critical Incident Stress Management. In a disaster, these are the people that "rescue the rescuers". They refer to CISM as "psychological first aid".
- I have made over 150 scrapbook albums
- I have a tattoo that says "One another each other - God" ask me what it means...
- I have no regrets as I believe things are allowed to happen for a purpose
- I am in training for CERT. Citizen's Emergency Response Team.
- I was a representative with a national scrapbook company for 10 years and was proud to earn high honors in both sales and recruiting almost every single quarter...
- Then... I gave a successful breakout session on recruiting at a regional convention.
- Then... I earned every incentive trip available for me and my wonderful, supportive husband.
- Then... Then accepted a top award and recognition at the National Convention
- I like to inspire women. Duh.
- I work with Triple Threat- a sports mentoring program in an under- resourced area.
- I did a training mission with FEMA, the national guard and other emergency organizations and got to fly in a C130 military cargo plane
- I love to travel!! Most recently to Panama, Costa Rica (twice), The Ozark Mountains in Missouri (a few times), The Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and South Carolina (many times) , Belize, The Outer Banks on the East Coast, Honduras, Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Haiti, Antigua, St. Maartin, St Thomas (2 times), Barbados, Puerto Rico (twice), Aruba, Curacao and about half of our wonderful United States and they are all in scrapbooks so I can relive them again and again!!
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."